Sunday 19 October 2008

List of destinies

I am feeling tipsy right now.
And surprisingly it is not because of what usually makes people tipsy.
I just finished eating my first meal of the day.
And since my first meal has been delayed to this hour I tried over eating.
Now I am suffering from the following ill effects:
- My heart is galloping away at a speed which is making me feel like I will have a myocardial infarction any second now.
- My brain is under the false notion that it can take a vacation.
- My vision is blurring thanks to my eyes experiencing the mighty power of gravity Isaac Newton needed an apple to discover.
- My mouth can beat Attacama desert (the driest place on Earth).

So I decided, what better time to post than now.
It is not often I get to this state of being.

I saw Kung fu Panda – again (for the nth time) last night.
I love it.
Among all the dialogues I can remember, here are three which I cannot seem to forget:

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift and that is why it is called present”
I have heard a similar version of this many a times – maybe because it is a famous saying by some famous person who says a lot of sayings.
But it was nice to hear it again – especially with the turtle’s way of speech.
I love the way he speaks in that drawn out way of his.
That scene in which he blows out the candles one at a time – I would love to do something like that just to irritate the hell out of somebody who has curiosity eating up their brain.

“There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness”
I have been waiting impatiently for an appropriate opportunity to deliver this awesome dialogue.
It is so full of oneself, I know for a fact nobody could deliver it as convincingly as I could.

“One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it”
This one is pretty deep and profound.
I do not usually like deep and profound stuff.

This dialogue is what this post is going to be about.
I have decided to resume the enlightening process in my blog which I seem to have discontinued quite a few posts ago.

The first time I saw the movie and heard this dialogue I thought it was so true.
But then last night after watching it for the nth time I thought it was not so true after all.
Things that impress you in the beginning are bound to disappoint you before the end – that is my philosophy (bound to copyright)

I do agree the dialogue does sound wonderful and philosophical but if you think about it for a second you will understand exactly why it is disappointing.

I do not believe our destiny is pre-written.
I think each one of us have this list of destinies.
We carve our own path cancelling options one at a time and finally choose our destiny from our list.
This might seem juvenile to you but I think it is what it is.

The world is too random and the human mind too faltering for each one of us to have a fixed destiny.
But at the same time life would not have any purpose if it were not for something to learn or something to be achieved by each one of us – that something which we call destiny.
So the list came to be.
But the problem is nobody knows about the list except the one who made it.
As for the one who made it, I believe it is Nature.

Now we could not possibly go and ask Nature what our list contains – you would definitely not want to look out of your mind talking to the wind, trees, river and mountains (unless Paul Coelho’s Alchemist seems to have inspired you to the extent of complete insanity)

So this Mr or Mrs or Ms Nature does not want to let us know what our list contains, leaving us to decide which path we take and which destiny in our list we finally end up choosing – maybe laughing at the fools we make out of ourselves in the process.

Unless we know our destiny we cannot take a path to avoid it.
And we definitely do not know our destiny because Nature seems pretty adamant about leaving us in the dark.
So the dialogue does not actually make any sense at all –
“One often meets his destiny in the path he takes to avoid it”

You might think people do die in the process of trying hard to keep themselves from dying – true – but this is not destiny.
Destiny is not death.
Destiny is what you achieve before death or with death.
Nobody can avoid their destiny – nobody knows what it is to avoid it.

Except me of course – I know what my destiny is.
Finding Nowhere… that is my destiny.

Is this deep and profound enough for you?
Next post will be more of humour – I promise.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
THIS IS NOT THE END, NOR IS THIS THE BEGINNING...
THIS IS ON YOUR ROAD TO ENLIGHTENMENT